WHO WE ARE
As a pure play IT security assessment firm, we specialize in the most cutting-edge, yet cost-effective security solutions for industries with the most at risk.
2022 Most Trusted Cybersecurity Solution Providers
2022 & 2021 Forbes Technology Council
2021 Most Influential Leaders in Security
2020 Best Security Solution Providers
Michael Bruck, BAI Security President/CEO & Forbes Technology Council Member
ROOTS TO PRESENT
…IT Security expert Michael Bruck was driven to solve a serious problem: Organizations with particularly valuable data – the ones most coveted by cybercriminals – often lack access to high quality security audits. He saw first-hand how vulnerable this left them and how devastating a breach was for owners, customers, patients, operations, and reputation.
So with decades of security consulting insights, Michael founded BAI Security to provide truly expert, yet affordable security assessments for industries with the MOST at stake. Regardless of size or budget, Michael set a course to make robust assessments accessible to organizations across healthcare, pharmaceutical, bank and finance, education, energy, legal, utilities, government, transportation, and other at-risk industries most targeted by hackers.
For 15 years since, BAI Security has innovated its way to the forefront of IT security, continually pioneering cutting-edge methodology that stands as a model for the entire profession. The industry accolades and client testimonials earned along the way are a reflection of Michael’s founding passion and the expert team he’s assembled – all working tirelessly to secure critical organizations in a cost-effective manner.
As a rare pure play IT security firm, we deliver uncommon specialization in the most highly regulated sectors. Unlike generalist consultants with a mishmash of priorities, we live and breathe IT security, so your assessment is our singular focus.
We invest in a 100% in-house team of highly certified professionals with specializations in the sectors we serve. Our auditors and engineers continually challenge assumptions, re-test methods, and iterate proactive solutions – to keep our clients ahead of emerging threats and on top of regulatory requirements.
We stand in deliberate contrast to traditional ‘bare minimum’ assessment approaches that may satisfy examiners, but are not nearly enough to stop modern-day hackers. Our methods are intentionally far more comprehensive compared to other providers.
Our forward-thinking team researches present-day hacking techniques, then reverse-engineers assessment processes that mimic the expertise and tenacity of today’s cyber criminals. This keeps us on the front lines of IT security, right where you need us to be.
Significant discounts and invaluable trend data are also available with our multi-year option, providing meaningful savings and important year-to-year insights on your improvement efforts. And yet you’re not locked in – you can change scope and/or auditors annually, and we’re always adding new services to meet client needs.
A True Security Ally
We’ve built a reputation as a trusted partner with our friendly professionals and unmatched commitment to service. We emphasize open communication, flexibility, and helpfulness during and well beyond the engagement. BAI clients can call us any time to speak with specialists who know their environment.
To protect your data, we use a secure portal and don’t outsource anything. And from your distinct assessment findings, we provide customized guidance, so you can remediate quickly and get on a fast track to compliance.
- Since 2007, our expert auditors have served 1500+ highly regulated organizations nationwide.
- We are founded and led by a seasoned IT expert and repeated appointee to the Forbes Technology Council, and it shows in our cutting-edge methodology and continual innovation.
- Our team boasts 150+ years of collective IT security and compliance experience – all right in-house.
- Our clients benefit from our expertise – 100% of recently surveyed BAI Security clients rate both the “Depth” and “Comprehensiveness” of our audit as “Excellent.”
100% In-House Team
- We do not outsource anything. Our dedicated team of highly trained, certified experts is entirely in-house.
- We build long-term relationships to understand your organization’s distinct environment and support your changing needs.
- With seasoned specialists, we deliver the most comprehensive audit possible, with accurate results you can trust.
- We don’t just point out issues and leave you hanging. Our experts provide customized recommendations for quick remediation.
- We invest in ongoing training and development for our team, so we’re constantly innovating and trailblazing the IT security frontier.
Our CertificationsOur extensive certifications illustrate our commitment to cutting-edge expertise via continuous learning:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA PenTest+
- CompTIA CySA+
- CompTIA Project+
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Certified Netware Administrator (CNA)
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- NERC CIP Certified
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 Foundations
- Certification in Control Self-Assessment
- Certified Computing Professional
- ERC Standards of Conduct
- Capability Maturity Model Release 2.0 Certified
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Agile Project Methodology
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Micro Train Technologies IT Project Management
Our foundation in higher education highlights our technical expertise balanced with sound organizational leadership. Some of our degrees are:
- Doctorate in Organizational Change and Leadership, University of Southern California
- Master’s in Management Information Sciences, American Sentinel University
- Master’s in Information Technology, University of Lagos
- Master’s in Engineering, Heriot-Watt University
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, DePaul University
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, United States Military Academy at West Point
- Bachelor’s in Cybersecurity, American Military University
- Bachelor’s in Applied Science in Information System Security, Westwood College
- Bachelor’s in Management Information Systems, Bradley University
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Bachelor’s in Political Science, The Citadel
- Bachelor’s in Business Management, Indiana University
- Bachelor’s in Business, Eastern Illinois University
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, DeVry University
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Illinois State University
- Bachelor’s in Information Systems Security/Information Assurance, University of Illinois Springfield
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Lagos State University
- Bachelor’s in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, Western Governors State
A Few Organizations Our Expert Auditors Have Served
Our expert auditors have served in many of the most vital institutions and corporations in the world:
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC)
- Allstate Insurance
- U.S. Marine Corps
- BlueCross BlueShield
- WSFS Financial Corporation
- Emirates Airlines
- Guaranty Bank
- Atlantic Holdings Company
- Edwards-Elmhurst Healthcare
- Doctors Hospital
- Angie’s List
- Hyatt Hotels International
- Citadel CU
- Blackhawk Network
- American College of Radiology
- East Central Energy
- Cano Health
- First Financial Bancorp
- ABN AMRO
- Rosalind Franklin University
- The Iowa Clinic
- Apex Technologies
- Autism Learning Partners
- New York University Langone Medical Center
- The Tribune Company
- Hub International
- Professional Benefit Administrators
- United Bank
- Mary Washington Healthcare
- CNA Insurance
- Co-Operative Insurance Companies
- Royal Business Bank
- Farmers & Merchants Bank
- Kosmos Energy
- Loma Linda University Health
- CB&S Bank
- Wyoming Department of Transportation
- San Diego CU
- Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital
- Planters Bank
- Hawaii State Federal Credit Union
- Indiana Regional Medical Center
- Eastman Credit Union
- North Shore Health Centers
- Sandy Spring Bank
- Peoples Bank
- Rose International
Highly Regulated Sectors We ServeFor 15 years, we’ve served 1500+ clients nationwide in the most highly regulated and critical sectors:
- Credit Unions
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & CULTURE
It’s no secret that the tech industry has long lacked opportunities for diverse professionals. Meanwhile, headlines about unhealthy cultures for women and minority professionals abound.
At BAI Security, we’re doing more than lip service to diversity and culture.
Here are some Fast Facts about our wonderfully diverse team and intentional culture — more ways we’re leading from the front of our industry:
63% of BAI Security’s Leadership Team is comprised of women and minority professionals.
58% of BAI Security is comprised of women and minority professionals.
50% of BAI Security is woman owned.
25% of BAI personnel are age 55 or over.
13% of BAI personnel are veterans of the U.S. military.
Our Employee Engagement ratings consistently far exceed Gallup’s global benchmarks in all five (5) areas of employee satisfaction (Engagement, Environment, Relationships, Training & Development, Compensation & Benefits). See our Careers page for more information on our very special culture.
“We’ve built our national reputation as security trailblazers by demonstrating exceptional
cyber-expertise across high-stakes sectors, while deploying only best-of-breed tools and
industry-leading methods, many of which we pioneered.”
President/CEO, BAI Security & Forbes Technology Council Member
RESULTS THAT MATTER
Regardless of prior audit by other firms, BAI’s IT Security Assessment reveals serious, previously undetected issues in 85% of our new client environments.
94% of recently surveyed clients rate BAI’s Deliverables Quality & Value as “Good/Excellent.”
100% of recently surveyed clients rated BAI’s security auditor Communication & Overall Professionalism as “Excellent.”